Tuesday, May 19, 2009

I won the One Minute Writer blog!

The following blurb is the first public recognition I have received for my writing. May not seem like much, but is enough of a boost to keep me going. It's my response for the prompt "Water". The response could be anything fictional to do with anything that involved water.

"No." He regretted it as soon as his lips pursed to make the "o" sound. Her eyes welled with tears instantly. He hated her cries, subtle, heart felt not like other girls' cries surrounded in drama. He watched as one mascara tinged tear ran down the inside of her cheek and off the ridge of her upper lip. He reached his calloused hand out to catch it .

C. Beth (host of the blog One Minute Writer http://oneminutewriter.blogspot.com/) words of praise:

Congratulations, Melissa Morgan! I could picture this scene and love the emotion in it.

This is a fun blog to check out. An original blog that allows the guest bloggers to interact rather than just read personal blah blah blah. The daily prompts stimulate thought throughout my day.

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on the winning! Read your comment about messes in our lives and wanted you to know you arent alone. I could have been reading about my house when reading your comment! The sink is clogged (something about the drain being messed up, all I know is the landlord will fix it this weekend and in the mean time washing dishes is impossible unless I really want to carry them all to the bathtub...and i'm not that OCD.) The laundry is also on my coffee table mostly because my room is also a mess and I'm trying to go through summer vs winter clothes. I wrote about my credit being a mess but mostly because I'm really ashamed of how messy this house has gotten. I wish I had some awesome excuse like being sick to blame it on, but honestly I'm just plain lazy this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanted to congratulate you; I've just given you another One-Minute Writing of the Day award, for 9/29! I'm behind on naming winners and wanted to make sure you saw your win. Thanks for all your wonderful responses. :)

    C. Beth (The One-Minute Writer)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so funny, I have been so unsorted about this blog that I never even saw these comments and they are THREE years old! I don't even remember winning a second award! That's so thrilling and inspires me to get back into writing. I wrote so much in those days.

    ReplyDelete